Berserkr. Ferocious and powerful, wade into battle with no armour upon your back, wielding a massive two-handed sword and call upon the power of beasts to strengthen your attacks.
Pyre. Shape flame as a blacksmith shapes iron, calling upon ravenous fire to burn and purge and channel primal forces through your own two hands.
Balance favour and sorrow or read the runes to guide your way solo through a pre-written adventure, or conjure a random dungeon crawl with the delve generator.
Navigating the world of Nine Realms can be a lonely endeavour, but thankfully there are kindred spirits available to assist with jolly cooperation.
Runecairn: Advanced Rules is a 20-page, black and white tabletop RPG supplement for Norse fantasy roleplaying game Runecairn, adding new starting classes and optional rules. Runecairn is based on Cairn by Yochai Gal, with streamlined rules, fast character creation, and gameplay based on exploration and player choice.
Advanced Rules Includes:
- 2 new advanced starting classes: Berserkr, Pyre
- New options for solo play with a rune-based oracle
- New random delve generator for creating Norse dungeons
- New options for 3 or more players with summoned allies and invasions
Illustrated throughout with evocative black and white line-art. Printed in black and white with colour covers.
Includes a copy of the PDF.
Requires Runecairn: Core Rules.
Please note, everything in Advanced Rules is already included in Runecairn: Wardensaga. This is a standalone book for those who already have Runecairn: Core Rules and Beneath the Broken Sword or for those who prefer modular books.
Also now available:
- Runecairn Collection Bundle, including Runecairn Core Rules, Beneath the Broken Sword, and Runecairn Advanced Rules (this book)
- Beneath the Broken Sword, an introductory dungeon crawl for Runecairn
- Runecairn t-shirt, featuring the Core Rules cover art
- Thematic runic dice in different colours
- Runecairn character sheets available in packs of 10